Sex-Positive Parenting with Melissa Carnagey
"I can't wait until my preschooler asks me where babies come from," said no parent ever.
Except maybe Melissa Carnagey of Sex Positive Families. She joins me for this info-packed episode to talk about why you would want to raise kids in a sex-positive environment, and how to start. Nothing is explicit, though we do use the word "sex" a number of times, plus anatomically correct words for genitals, but nothing graphic or racy.
So when should you have the birds and the bees talk with your kids? How do you explain sex to young children - or should you? How do you even start, especially if you were raised in a household where that didn't happen?
Listen and find out!
Links and resources we mentioned in the episode
- Sex Positives Families website
- Great list of resources on the Sex Positives Families page
- Sex Positives Families on Instagram
- What Makes a Baby by Cory Silverberg
- It's Not the Stork by Robie H. Harris
- Semi Crunchy Mama Club on Facebook
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and never miss an episode.