Becoming a Financial Grownup
Having kids is expensive. Whether it's straight up paying for your birth costs to feeding bottomless pits for 18 years, your approach to money management has to adjust as your family grows.
In this episode, Certified Financial Planner Bobbi Rebell gives us the lowdown on solid financial basics, what becomes more important as we have kids, what you can do yourself, when you should bring on a professional, and a few items that may not seem like financial planning but are.
Some resources we mention in the episode:
- The Financial Grownup Podcast
- Tips on starting a 529 college savings plan for your kids
- IRS.gov explanation of 529 college savings plans
- FutureFile legacy planning system
- The Semi Crunchy Mama Club Facebook community
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and never miss an episode.